Tuesday, August 29, 2017

California April 2017


Back in April we took a family vacation back to my home state, California, for 8 days. My husband has never been to the west coast before and our kids have never on a plane before, so this trip was a big deal.

The first day was a bit of a rough one. My husband and I were up for over 30 hours. We left our home in Knoxville, Tennessee at midnight (after being up all day) and drove to Atlanta, Georgia to catch our 6:00AM flight. Got on our flight and arrived in Los Angeles at 10:00AM. Overall, traveling with three kids wasn't as bad as we expected. I'm sure we were a site to see walking into the airport (I wish I snapped a picture) We had a double stroller stacked with three carseats and an umbrella stroller on it, along with five of our personal bags and a suitcase. 



After arriving in L.A. we picked up our rental car and drove to Anaheim. 
As it should be, I would rant and rave about how amazing In-N-Out Burger was to my husband. Every time I visit California, it is always my first meal. So to keep with the tradition, we went to In-N-Out Burger, even though we were exhausted and slightly cranky. I don't even remember eating my food, I was so hungry and spaced out. (We wish we went more than just the one time and on more sleep)





We did five days at Disneyland and California Adventures (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday) It was much busier than we were expecting and very hot! With the time change, we were turning in early and taking naps during the day. With three young kids, we had to make sure we weren't over doing it for them.




On Friday Morning we decided to go check out the Hollywood sign and go to Disneyland in the evening. We weren't really sure where we were going, just following our GPS. We ended up on the Griffith Observatory. With a four year old who is obsessed with all things space, this was a gem we were not expecting.




When we woke up Saturday morning, we packed up our rental van and drove to San Diego. We went to visit some of my family for the weekend. Saturday and Sunday was full of family time, exploring, and of course the beach!



After a weekend of family fun, we headed back to Anaheim and spent our last two days in California at Disneyland and celebrating my oldest 4th birthday! 

We flew back home Wednesday morning. It was another long travel day, but the kids were troopers and it was nice to be back home.

More blogs will come with more details about our trip and tips, tricks and reviews about Disneyland.

~Alison Shane~

If you would like to take your own vacation like this, visit Fairytale Dream Vacations or click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment