Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Memorial Day in Indiana


For Memorial Day weekend we took a trip up to Evansville, Indiana. That is where my husband was born and grew up in so we were also visiting his family.

While we were there we visited the Mesker Park Zoo, I got to try G.D. Ritzy's, and we went to the Children's Museum. The zoo was a lot bigger than we thought it would be, so we let our boys walk instead of bringing their strollers. The heat mixed with more walking than we thought, they ended up on our shoulders for half of it. It really was a nice zoo and had plenty to see and do.







I got to try G.D. Ritzy's for the first time, and oh my goodness, their ice cream is amazing. We went back two days in a row so I could get some more, and I don't think that is just the pregnancy talking.


We also went to the Children's museum in downtown Evansville. I wish we had more time there because the place was really awesome and my boys loved it! Three stories, plus a water room!





On our way home we decided to stop by the Opry Mills Malls in Nashville. We ate dinner at The Aquarium restaurant. It was a neat experience and the atmosphere was great, but not sure if I would go again. I ordered something I didn't really want, that may be the pregnancy talking this time. My husband on the other hand, loved his food.


Over all it was a great three day weekend.

If you would like to book your own trip to Evansville, Indiana, click here.

~Alison Shane~

No comments:

Post a Comment