Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Disney World November 2016 Review #2


I know most of my travel blogs are at Disney World, but our last trip we actually spent some time exploring other parts of Orlando. 

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert, but I do feel like I have gone enough times to give adequate reviews. Also, these are just my personal opinions from my experiences, so please keep that in mind when reading my reviews. I would always suggest you experience these things for yourself!

We stayed off property at a place called Tropical Palms. This is the 3rd time we've stayed at this resort. They have personal cabins, which are kind of like mobile homes. This worked wonderful for our family as we have young kids and they can be loud at times. We probably won't be staying at this place again as it seems a bit ran down and could probably use a refurbishment, but we couldn't complain for the price.

We only had one park day planned for this trip, our very last day, for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Unfortunately, our oldest son got sick with a stomach bug and we weren't able to stay, we were lucky enough that Disney refunded us for the party.

Visiting the Disney resorts are a fun free thing to do. Each resort has their own charm and fun things to explore. Another free thing to do while visiting Walt Disney World is visiting Disney Springs (formally known as Downtown Disney). It is full of shops, places to eat, and some Disney fun. To see our pictures of our resort exploring, click here.

We explored some shopping centers like the Florida Mall and the Outlet Mall. The Florida Mall was exciting for me to visit because there was a Carlos Bakery there. I've always wanted to try it and was so excited that we got to. I got a chocolate cannoli and my husband got a cheese cake. They were very yummy and I can't wait to go back and try something new!




My favorite shop I've always wanted to go to was the Character Warehouse located at the outlet mall. We actually went to this place two days in a row! The amount of different items in just a day was crazy, there will always be something new. What exactly is the Character Warehouse? Disney products from all the parks and cruises, but at a huge discount. Makes me not want to purchase anything full price again. I wish I took a picture of everything we got from the Character Warehouse, it was well worth it! 


Thanks for reading!

~Alison Shane~

Would you like to have a magical vacation like this one? Let me help you plan one! Check out this blog post for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment