Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Disney World Review September 2015 Part 4



Here is the last review from our September trip. This one is just on the extras we did for the first time. We went to the Harmony Barber shop on Main Street and got the memory maker.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert, but I do feel like I have gone enough times to give adequate reviews. Also, these are just my personal opinions from my experiences, so please keep that in mind when reading my reviews. I would always suggest you experience these things for yourself!

First, I'll talk about the Harmony Barber shop.















I absolutely loved this experience for my boys! We had a reservation for both my boys and got there an hour early, and they were able to get us in right away! I was really worried about how this experience was going to go, based on past haircuts with my oldest.

Both my boys were actually taking a nap at the time we got there and I was worried they were going to be cranky when we woke them up for a haircut. It ended up working out great because they were zoned out and too tired to worry about what was going on. There were only three chairs available at a time, so there were a few people waiting, but we got right in because we had reservations. They do except walk ins, but the wait might be longer.

The cast members cutting their hair were wonderful with the boys! They had toys to keep them entertained and lots and lots of stickers. The prices weren't bad at all either for being at Disney World, I was expecting much higher prices. We got my youngest the first haircut package because it was his first haircut. They saved some hair for us in a little bag, a certificate with his name and cute mouse ears that say My 1st Haircut!
I would definitely do this again for my boys, my husband might even join in too!


The memory maker is something I was excited about getting this trip because we were going to be there for so long. So what is the memory maker anyways? You know all those Disney photographers you see around the parks and with the characters for meet and greets? After you get your pictures taken, they will scan your magic band or photopass card and all your pictures can be viewed online. With the memory maker, you get ALL of this photos from your trip. We don't usually have pictures with all of us because either myself or my husband are taking the pictures, so not having to worry about who was going to take the pictures was a nice relaxation.
(Tip: With the new annual pass price increase, they have now included the memory maker as an annual pass holder perk!)








I love some of the moments the photopass photographers captured! You get all your ride pictures and some you even get a video. One fun thing they do are magic shots! They will add fun characters to your pictures like Tinkerbell and the hitchhiking ghosts (only at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party). With the memory maker you can also add fun boarders to all your pictures if you wanted to, which I think makes it even more magical. We probably won't get the memory maker again, not because it wasn't worth it, but I felt like we didn't get enough pictures. We got almost 400 pictures, which might seem like a ton, but for an 11 day trip, we should have gotten more.

(Tip: You can ask any photopass photographer to take a picture with your own camera or phone. If you do choose to get the memory maker though, you can get a discount if you purchase it before your trip.)

Thanks for reading my review from my September 2015 trip. If there is anything you would like me to review, please let me know.

~Alison Shane~

No comments:

Post a Comment