Friday, November 13, 2015

Disney World Reviews September 2015 Part 2



Yesterday I did my first review from my Disney trip in September. Here is part 2!

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert, but I do feel like I have gone enough times to give adequate reviews. Also, these are just my personal opinions from my experiences, so please keep that in mind when reading my reviews. I would always suggest you experience these things for yourself!

This one will be on the events we were able to attend: Night of Joy and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.









This is the second Night of Joy event I've been able to attend. First was back in 2011, and now 2015.
Night of Joy is a two night event where multiple Christian artists come together and have concerts through out Magic Kingdom! Since this years event was sold out, we were only able to make it to three artists: Colton Dixon, Veridia, and Lecrae. (These were our must sees)

The crowds did make it very difficult to see all the artists that were performing and get around to other parts of the park. The wait times for the rides though were not to bad (except when it started to storm and the concerts were delayed until the rain stopped).

The only reason we were able to get this close to these performances was because we had someone in a wheelchair in our party. While I am glad they had a wheelchair section for each stage, they should have had everyone who could stand, stand towards the back. It still wasn't very easy for people in wheelchairs to see over everyone.

While most of the rides are open for this event, most of the food places are closed so I recommend eating before the event. There are also no character meet and greets for the event as well.

My favorite part about Night of Joy is actually Christian music being played through out the park instead of the "Magical" music you would normally here.

I probably would not do this event again unless one of my favorite artist was going to be preforming. I would rather go to Winter Jam.

Where do I start with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?!?!
This event is soooooooo AMAZING!!








(Sorry about the quality of these pictures, they were from my phone)

 Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I already knew I was probably going to enjoy Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I did more than enjoy it! I didn't want it to end! The night went way too fast for me!

They have so much awesomeness going on at one time, I don't think one night is enough! They have special character meet and greets, trick or treating spots, a Halloween themed parade, a Monster dance party, and a new stage show!

The event we went to was the very first Halloween party of the year and it was sold out! The crowds were not as bad as Night of Joy, but I think that was because most people were standing in line to see characters. A lot of the character meet and greets were too long for my two little boys to stand in and not get restless, so we skipped them and rode rides instead. We walked onto almost every ride with no wait at all!

The trick or treating was great as well! We didn't even hit half of the spots and you can see in the above picture our candy haul. There was never a long wait to get through the lines either, it was constantly moving.

The Boo To You Parade was one of the best parades I've ever seen Disney do! The music was infectious and so many great characters, mostly villains (which are my favorite).

In Tomorrowland there was a Monster's Dance party with a live DJ and characters from Monster's Inc. that my kids were able to dance with while I rode my favorite ride, Space Mountain.

My most favorite part of the whole night was seeing the new stage show that starred the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. I can't even explain in the proper words how awesomely amazing that show was! Disney really knows what it's doing. All I can say it you have to see it for yourself to understand.

After going to this event, I want to go EVERY year now!

(Tip: If you are going to a special ticket event, you can enter the park at 4pm even if it says the event doesn't start until 7pm)

Thanks for reading my reviews on the two events we were able to attend in September. If there is anything specific you would like me to review, please let me know!

~Alison Shane~


No comments:

Post a Comment